Sunday, January 3, 2010

OMG I Did Another Homework Assignment!

Holy Moley, I watched something else I had never seen before. Emily and I went out this morning to get myself and husband some coffee. When we got back, Bride Wars was coming on HBO so it was naptime for Emily and I decided to watch it.



Bride Wars (2009)
Starring: Kate Hudson and Anne Hathaway

Ok, I really like Anne Hathaway but I wasn't sure about Kate Hudson. I always think I dislike her but honestly, I have liked her in everything I've seen with her in it so I don't know what my problem is. Same goes for Brad Pitt. I always think I can't stand him yet I've like everything I've seen him in. Whatever....

So, I watched this movie about 2 best friends who have had their ideal weddings planned for years and then when it comes to actually setting up the weddings, they end up having them set on the same day which sets off a huge war. Neither will change the date and give up The Plaza in NYC as their venue. Anne Hathaway is the push-over type who is always nice and is a teacher and has been saving for like 10 years for her wedding and Kate Hudson is this forceful lawyer who makes a shit-ton of money and always seems to be the star of the show.

Candice Bergen plays the highly sought after wedding planner. I usually love her but I have to say that whatever plastic surgery she has had on/around her eyes was incredibly distracting. She looked very strange, and that made me sad.

I enjoyed Kristen Johnston's character as a coworker of Emma's (Anne Hathaway's character) who always takes advantage of her and asks her for a ton of favors and then Emma asks her to be her maid of honor after the whole fight with Liv (Kate Hudson). I love Kristen Johnston. It was cool to see her outside of reruns of 3rd Rock from the Sun.

Grade: A

I had to give it an A. It was definitely a chick-flick which I don't usually gravitate towards but tend to like after I see them. Very funny and cute. Not boring at all...deserves an A just for it's pure entertainment qualities. There's nothing artsy or important about it. It's just fun and that's what I like in a movie.

No comments: