Friday, November 20, 2009

Another note on courtesy...

So, tell me if I'm wrong but these pet peeves of mine are on hyper-drive lately. I am having an event on Sunday. Invites went out about 3 weeks ago. I did online invites through evite.com. This is a nice thing to do for casual get togethers and people can view the invitation online and RSVP very easily. The most awesome feature that I found on there is that you (the host) can see if/when someone opens their invitation. Now, what is really ticking me off is that I see that some people have looked at the invite and not responded. That's fine, I understand opening it, waiting to see what your plans are, etc. Here's my issue...
Someone I invited, recently had an event of their own and on their social network status constantly said things like "come on people! Send in your RSVPs" or "I wish people would hurry up and RSVP" etc. So, this person has not yet RSVPd to my event which is the day after tomorrow. What gives? I know it's stupid and petty but that kind of stuff annoys me. It's kind of a "you have to do for me" attitude with an "I don't have to return the favor" spin on it.
So, this really annoys me right now and falls under the courtesy and etiquette things that make me crazy. Gotta go! I'll be back to bitch more after this break :)

1 comment:

JDub57 said...

That is the worst! I hate it when people don't RSVP. You know what I hate even more? People who RSVP that they're coming, and then they don't. In Maryland, I don't have as many friends as I have in Michigan. If someone drops out, it's a larger percentage of the total guest list! LOL.