Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Hey Jude

Well, I was going to write an open letter to a relative of mine who was going to do something with my Granny's dog without really any thought for the rest of us. However, it seems that issue has been resolved to the satisfaction of all; at least for now. Therefore, my rant would me misused and it would be very wrong of me to go off about it.
In other news, I am reading one of the best books I've read in a LONG time - ROOTS. I am only halfway through it and I suggest you read it if you haven't yet. It was always on my "must read in this lifetime" lists but thanks to Danielle (holla!), she provided the audio version to me and I am hooked.

I cannot believe people kept other people as slaves. I mean, I know about it from school and just common knowledge but reading this story, I still cannot fathom that this actually happened between real humans. It's absolutely sick. Unbelievable story though. Please check it out.
Going on a tangent, because Roots is probably the most well known mini-series of all time (although my coworker had no idea what Roots was..never heard of it and yes she's only like a year younger than me), I implore you to also read the North and South trilogy and then watch that mini-series.

Civil war + Patrick Swayze = ~~awesomeness~~

Peace Out for Now

**I might add that the title of this blog is relevant but probably not to those who read it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Uh, hello? Orry Main? Best ever. I bought the whole set on VHS. I ordered it over the phone with my mom's credit card. She was NOT pleased...at first. She loves it now. (Jessica)

Heather said...

Um, I know! I watched N&S on VHS about 4 years ago after I finished the books. I rented it all (but had to use multiple stores to find a complete set). That Christmas, it was out on DVD! Woot! Thanks to my mom for getting it for me LOL That will definitely be on my Summer Rainy day DVD watching list.